News about Superintendent Peter Lanchene Tuub’s decision to contest the Wa West Constituency parliamentary primary of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) came to colleagues and Ghanaians as one of the biggest surprises of 2019.
MyNewsGh.com has been digging into the personality of the former police chief who has laid down his uniform and ventured into politics sparking media discussions from the political divide.
The below facts will guide those who do not know about the tough-talking Cop.
1. He was born on 6th August 1968.
2. He joined the Ghana Police Service on 15th November, 1992.
3. Superintendent Peter Lanchene Tuub joined the service as a recruit.
4. He is a former Vandal.
5. He was promoted DSP on 1st July 2017.
6. His Course in the Police service is 43.
7. On 1st July, 2018, he was promoted based on a special recommendation to Superintendent by the sacked Inspector General of Police David Asante Apeatu
8. He retired voluntarily in May 2019.
9. He was responsible for compiling all the security briefs for the Inspector General of Police (IGP).
10. His decision to enter politics and on the ticket of the NDC started 10 years ago following pressure from constituents.
The former police officer will lock horns with the veteran politician, Hon Joseph Yiele Chireh who is the incumbent lawmaker for the area and a former Minister of Local Government and Rural Development.